Hello there, this is the first time I have been nominated for an award! I feel honored!
I would like to thank Eloraquence- by Anjali who nominated me!
So first, I now need to answer the 11 questions that she asked:
What does success mean to you?
It is a successful day when I wake up and the sun is shining inside my soul. I am beyond successful when I can help someone else feel that way.
What makes you incredibly happy?
I am happiest when I am talking with either of my two adult children or one of my three grand children.
Your favorite person in your life and why?
That is a tough question! Does it really have to be just one? I have a very caring friend we shall call D. Her genuine personality shines through and she doesn’t even realize what a bright star she is. We can talk about anything. She has a heart bigger than Texas, Arizona and California combined!
One ideology that you would stand by all your life?
No matter what comes your way, there is a positive side to everything. You just have to be willing to look for it.
I was blessed to have a person who showed me the steps to achieve that attitude when I was only 16. My mom had just lost her battle with cancer. I was lost. As the years have gone by the universe has shown me that I was lucky to have known her and due to her passing she has literally saved not only my life but my daughters also. We are adamant about getting yearly checkups. This has resulted in both of us having pre-cancer cells removed that could have caused one or both of us to become extremely ill. I would say that is an extreme blessing!
How would you define yourself?
Often too serious, sometimes not serious enough. I can look into someone’s eyes and watch their body language which gives me a generally spot on sense of what type of person they are. I am extremely intuitive and caring. Most people would say that I am an extrovert when in reality I can play that role when I am around people but enjoy my time alone. I would probably make a great hermit.
Who/what is your source of inspiration?
Mother Nature and the people who through the years I have been able to help through some dark times. There is no greater feeling than to help an individual go from a negative mindset to a positive one.
What are your thoughts on life?
It sounds so cliche’ but people really do get caught up in the day to day an forget to take time to notice the little things. I revel in the beauty of a sunrise and still am like a small child, giddy with excitement when I chance upon a lady slipper in the woods. Romance is not dead and don’t let anyone tell you differently. We all deserve the best and should never allow ourselves to believe for one moment that we don’t deserve to be treated with respect. And it doesn’t cost anything to be kind or give someone a smile.
Your biggest aspiration that you would achieve at any cost?
That I could make an impact in helping to decrease the number of suicides in our military men and woman and people in general.
One moment that you are extremely proud of?
The day I started the Black Wall Blog. I put myself out there. It hasn’t reached it’s true potential as I continue the search for the best ways to express myself and find the best way to inspire others. It is something I have toyed with for a number of years and one day I just did it.
A song(s) that makes you strong in the situation of despair?
Broken sung by Lindsey Haun
Had you not been a blogger, what would have you been instead?
Well I am already a Mom and a G’ma which is one of the greatest feelings in the world. With 30 plus years of Cost accounting under my belt I am great with numbers. But my passion is to be a great positive influence to people.
Eleven random facts about me:
- Eleven just happens to be my favorite number!
- I love listening to Country and Western music and good ol’ Rock n Roll! I love to crank it!
- Creating hard to find landscape flowers and decorations along with building 1/12th scale miniature houses is one of my passions.
- I am an avid David Koontz fan.
- There is a small dual pond that I designed and built from scratch in my front yard. It is surrounded by rocks that I and my son collected from various country roads. The sounds of the water is so peaceful.
- I created a video to help raise funds to bring 3 of my son’s platoon dogs back to the USA from Afghanistan. LEAVE NO BUDDY BEHIND
- Many times I have worked very closely with families who have lost loved ones to create Celebration of Life dvds in my business called Memories and Moments. It is very fulfilling. It is a business sparked from the joy I get when I watch the one that was created when my older brother passed. To this day, it doesn’t make me sad, but happy to see some of his ridiculous antics! Such fond memories. (the business has never made a profit because I do them for cost of materials).
- I love to swim and geocache AND I love Holsteins!
- In my book case, you will find the complete dvd collection of every season of the Gilmore Girl’s! I even have mugs from Luke’s diner.
- My favorite color is hunter green.
- Daisies, Bachelor buttons, Black eyed Susans, Sweet William and mini yellow roses surrounded by baby’s breath are my favorite flowers.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award:
Here are some questions for the nominees to answer:
- What does success mean to you?
- What makes you incredibly happy?
- Your favorite person in your life and why?
- What sparks and is the biggest influence as to what you post to your blog?
- How would you define yourself?
- Who/what is your source of inspiration?
- What are your thoughts on life?
- Your biggest aspiration that you would achieve at any cost?
- One moment that you are extremely proud of?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Besides being a blogger what else do you do?